Personal lines – endorsements, conditions, warranties and policy wordings and the importance of getting it right.
This webinar, delivered by Alan Chandler, one of the most popular presenters in the UK, takes a plain English view of how the law and the Financial Ombudsman Service interpret endorsements, conditions, warranties and policy wordings and why it is so important to get this right.
What are endorsements? what are conditions and warranties? why does a breach of condition have to relate to the claim in Personal lines? – all the answers will be explained and made clear by Alan, who will include real life case law to provide additional understanding.
Delegates will be able to understand:
• How policy wordings are set up and what contract law takes into account in respect of the interpretation of wordings.
• How endorsements operate.
• How the law views insurance policy exclusions, conditions and warranties.
• How the Consumer Rights Act and Unfair Contract Terms Act respond in respect of exclusions, conditions and warranties.
• What is the difference between joint and composite insured and why an underwriter has to be careful covering the latter.